Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What If....

THE ROAD NOT TAKEN


Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how ways lead on to way,
I doubted if i should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence;
Two roads diverged in the wood, and I -
I took the one less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference.

By, Robert Frost
( Found in page 11 of Form 4 Literature)

Well, have you ever wonder about the choices that you had made in the past?
Any regrets or lucks? I'm sure most of us have read this poem before. It's about the choice the traveller has to make regarding which road to take to continue his journey. Similarly, it describes the choices people have to make in life. It's actually very difficult to make a choice when both options are attractive, just like choosing the road to travel in the woods. The choice we make will definitely change our steps in life completely.


For a split second, when i read this poem, it makes me ponder deeply about the choices i made long before everything until now. I'm thinking, we always have our choices. What if, before, i choose to

  • be an average student, you know, just stay in class & stay focus in my studies just like normal student do?
  • wear a normal uniform now to school instead of the brown skirt's uniform?
  • go to school everyday & go home early just at the same time?
  • suck in sport & not going anywhere like i do now for every single year since primary?
  • not accept anything in school that requires the owh-so-great NAME & WORK?
  • quiet & leads a simple life?
  • be a good average student & also goods in sports as well?
  • NOT BE WHAT I AM NOW?

You see, there are things that i regret or maybe, just maybe, really fortunate to choose righteously in life. I've always make this thoughts like
" How i wish if i choose that.."
" What if i.."; " Sigh, if only" or " Thank God that i.."
But whatever it is, i learned that past will continue to be past & we can't never turn to back time to change decisions that we done before. What is done is already done and we just have to go throught it. I've been having this regrets that how i wish i have choose the other road instead of the road i'm walking on now.. Haha, silly me.. Anyway, things aren't seems to be what we expected but we learned from mistakes to become better, isn't it? We had our bad & good times. Life is full of excitement for us to be stress out for things. I will try that. For sure, i will always, ALWAYS be MYSELF. Who cares about what other people thinks? I'm just too far to reverse back track anyway. I might will always wonder how's life gonna be if i choose the other track but that's just gonna be a thought of wonders. God bless. :)

0 comments: