Monday, November 24, 2008

X'mas is coming!! Yeah!!

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

from the film Meet Me In St. Louis
Hugh Martin, Ralph Blane 1943

Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
Let your heart be light
From now on,
our troubles will be out of sight
Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
Make the Yule-tide gay,
From now on,
our troubles will be miles away.

Here we are as in olden days,
happy golden days of yore.
Faithful friends who are dear to us
gather near to us once more.

Through the years we all will be together
If the Fates allow
Hang a shining star upon the highest bough.
And have yourself a merry little Christmas now.
X'mas sounds so wonderful & nice, isn't it?? It's the only time when my whole family will gathered up, waiting to open the X'mas gifts under the tree. By December, the tree will slowly, filled with gifts, which everyone are eager to open them. Even me. hEEHee.. Yeah i know i'm a big girl already, but so what??
IT'S A HOLY, JOLLY, CHRISTMAS.

Of course i can't wait to open my gifts. Everytime Eric & me balik kampung especially during the moments of X'mas season, there's nothing stopping us to go & check the gifts under the X'mas tree. We will check our names on the gifts, counting them & compare who get more gifts. "Macam budak-budak, kan?" I know. :)

Like the lyrics above, i wish i'll have my heart light too. But not only heart, also BODY, MIND & SOUL. Hahaha but seriously, i just hope this holidays are getting better each day & i wouldn't think much about anything else other than having a good time with my family. Things wasn't going so well between me & my mum lately. Surprisingly, Eric & me didn't argue much, even over silly stuff. Something wrong with him?? No, he just grown to become wiser & taller.
* Yeah, day by day & the day will come when i have to looked way,way up to see him.* For sure, as New Year approach, i'm not looking forward for any arguements with anyone because that will only cost me bad relationships & we don't want that to happen.

" O holy night, the sun are brightly shinining, la la la"
I'm humming X'mas songs now, putting myself in joyful mood of X'mas. I think everyone should. You'll put that wide, brigh smile on your face, be jovial and positive. I can't wait to go for gift-hunting with mum, maybe things get better. I have a huge family, ok. There's always a name list of them to make sure we get them something. We do not want to forget anyone just like every year.
One of my wish for Santa this year is, hopefully my troubles will be miles away too.

Counting the days to X'mas. Too bad there's no snow here. That would be nice.

4 comments:

Joan D'Arcy said...

Love the song, dear! :)
Btw, on Dec 13 or 14, ada gathering at Aunt (nenek) amy's house sempena Birthday aunty (nenek) sister . Hope to see you there

Ann Manson said...

Haha ok, i'll tell my folks.. hope we'll able to make it.. :)

Symphony of Love said...

Love this song. Have you heard of the version by Alvin and the Chipmunks? I grew up listening to their Christmas songs. :)

Ann Manson said...

wow that's great. i just love xmas songs.